8/8/13

Summer!

Our garlic harvest

Reed checking out a volunteer squash by our back door

Too much spinach!

Kittens Dora and Puddles

Reed handling the kitten more kindly than usual

The weekly 'Art for Tots' class I've been teaching at the art center where I work

Reed with a friend who came for a weekend visit.

Another special visit!  Two weeks with grandma Noreen at our house.

Our turn to go visiting.  We stayed in PA with Bethany, Micah and baby Ben on our way to Ontario last month.

Our destination..... ten days with Micah's brother Joel and sister-in-law Steph!


Reed discovering Steph's ukulelei!  It was love at first sight!

Joel's marble roller, another true love!

Seeing old Boone, NC friends of ours Jannah, Yonatan and baby Avi!


While his grandma Noreen was visiting us for two weeks, Reed learned to say: Do you want to play with me Grandma.  Then, after grandma left, insert the name of whomever is most available.  One of the highlights of our recent trip to stay with Micah's brother Joel and his wife Steph was that Reed's constant, though polite, refrain contained their names instead of ours!
We got a kitten who loves to playfully bite and scratch the heck out of us.  Related kitten quotes:  I love the kitten forever..... cause she's my dear one. (an appropriation of a line from the book Mama Do You Love Me?)
Besides the kitten Reed's favorite lovey is a bunny he sleeps with: Something's wrong with Bunny Fufu.....fix him Papa!
Papa asks what's wrong.
He's sad about something!..... followed by many sentences more about the condition of Bunny Fufu I couldn't quite make out.
Other notable quotes:
I'm not stubborn!
That's good fun!
When I'm big and tall and turn into papa. (when asked if he wants to have a beard when he grows up)
Not YET! (in answer to any request or command)
You have a penis, mama?
You have a vulva, papa?
I so cute! (he said this a while ago, but it was the first time he used the first person)